David Langley had instant korma after failing to heed the seven chilli warning on a Morrisons Indian “flaming fiery phaal” takeaway”.
The curry fan took to Twitter: “Do NOT buy this from Morrisons. Nearly f***ing killed me!!”
The warning on the takeaway says it is “exceptionally red hot and fiery chicken curry made with scorpion and naga chillies”, but David didn’t take any notice.
David then went on to share more details of the traumatic tea: “Honestly people, I took two mouth fulls and felt like someone had put a blow torch on my tongue.
“I drank two pints of water in about a minute and then sweat started pouring out of my head.
“Took me about 45 minutes to calm the f*** down.”
But he is man enough to admit that it was an error, but he said he was “too scared to fart” and considered putting a nappy on.
He added: “Looking back I probably should have took note of the warnings on the cover…I just thought ‘ooh, I quite fancy a spicy curry’.
“I didn’t realise I was potentially putting myself into such danger while watching Question Time.
“The worst part of it all is I have been to the toilet three times already today and the gap between wanting to go and actually going is getting shorter and shorter…”
But David wasn’t the only person to have made the same mistake.
Other Twitter users, all blokes, shared the same experience.
One said: “I’ve had this one. I had to pop the toilet roll in the fridge for the next day.”
And another added: “Lightweight finished in about 40 minutes but spent next day scared to s**t every time I went I took baby oil and cream.”